Yes, daylight savings time ends on Sunday at 2am. You’ll see plenty of posts reminding you to set your clock back one hour before you go to bed on Saturday night … that’s the no-brainer part.
But with a little tongue-in-cheek creativity, I thought you might find it helpful to examine just what sorts of things you could be doing with that extra hour – you know, the one we lost waaay back in March. Here’s my list … feel free to chime in here.
- Sleep! (Duh! … actually that’s probably what I’ll try to do. We’ll see if the brain will turn off for the hour and let me).
- Clean up the garden (Yeah, well, it needs it. You know that’s true. Time to pull out the dead tomato plants)
- Rake leaves (That’s right up there in excitement with the “clean up the garden” idea. Bleagh)
- Work out on the treadmill. (Right after I clean up the garden)
- Walk the dogs. (Hmmmmm, there’s a theme developing here)
- Catch up with “Castle.” (You know you want to. Richard and Kate are just sure to be up to something and your TIVO’s getting full)
- Plan Thanksgiving dinner. (Nah … too early. That needs to be saved for the day before.)
- Read a good book (Ooooh! I LIKE this one!)
- Snuggle with your hunny. (I LIKE this one even better!)
- Write an extra blog post. (Of course that takes a bit more creativity. It’ll take me an hour just to think of one.)
Okay, that’s it. I’ve used up all my brain cells for the day. Sunday can’t get here too soon. I think I need that extra hour.